More Electric Car Charging Stations Set to be Unveiled in Brampton Next Week
Electric vehicle charging stations galore have been popping up in Brampton lately, and now, even more are coming to the city.
The Region of Peel and Natural Resources Canada have partnered on a new installation of multiple level 3 electric vehicle charging stations in Brampton.
The fast charging stations will be unveiled at 10 Peel Centre Drive, Parking Level 1, Suite A, on August 17, 2017, at 10:30 a.m.
This is the second Region of Peel location to have level 3 electric vehicle charging stations - the other is in Mississauga at 7120 Hurontario Street.
“This is in alignment with the Region’s climate change strategy to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and supports the Region’s Strategic Plan to create healthy communities where we can all live and thrive,” said the Region of Peel in a statement.
Level 3 charging stations indicate that an electric vehicle only needs to charge for 20 minutes to reach full battery. In comparison, most public vehicle charging stations currently operate at level 2, where electric cars need six to eight hours of charging to reach full battery.
The unveiling event features two speakers, the MP for Brampton Centre, Ramesh Sangha, and the Commissioner of Corporate Services, Lorraine Graham-Watson.
- Brampton Fire Department Responding To First Alarm Fire At Apartment Building
- MISSING: Police Looking for 11 Year Old Girl in Brampton
- Toronto Police Arrest Alleged Child Predator With Connection To Peel Region
- Brampton Woman Celebrating Big Group Lotto Win
- Lanes Blocked Off on 410 Following Collision in Brampton
- Did You Know About Brampton's Electric Car Charging Stations?
- Electric Car Charging Stations Coming to Trans-Canada Highway
- Brampton Unveils First Solar-Powered Car Charging Stations in GTHA
- Solar Powered Car Charging Station Coming to Brampton
- Here's What's Happening With Getting Electric Buses in Brampton