More Important Waste Collection News for Brampton
Now that Christmas has come and gone, your house is probably full of boxes and other waste that you're anxious to get rid of.
With that in mind, here is some important waste collection and housekeeping news to keep in mind over the next few days.
First of all, residents should not that Region of Peel offices and non-emergency services will be closed from now until Jan. 2, 2018. Peel police, paramedics and other essential services will be open and available as usual, but employment resource centres, rent supplement offices and Peel Living offices will be closed until Jan. 2.
Peel Living tenants can call the 24-hour request line at 905-790-7335 to report any maintenance issues.
As far as waste goes, you're probably aware that all recycling, garbage and organics collection services were delayed by two days this week. You should also note that waste will be collected on Saturday for residents with a regular Thursday collection day.
During the week of Jan. 1, all recycling, garbage and organics collection will be one day later than your regular pick-up day. You can learn more here.
Note that all community recycling centres (CRCs) will be closed on Jan. 1. All CRCs (except Bolton and Caledon) will be open from 8:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. on Dec. 31.
The CRCs will operate on regular hours from Dec. 27 - 30, and return to regular hours on Jan. 2.
As far as Christmas tree disposal goes, real trees (free of decorations, wire, stands, etc.) will be collected if they are placed at the curb on your regularly scheduled recycling collection day during the weeks of Jan. 8 and Jan. 15.
Trees taller than 3 m. (10 ft.) must be cut in half to be collected at the curb or dropped at a Peel CRC. You can learn more here.
Due to the extreme cold we've been having, it's important to remember that emergency homeless shelters will remain open. If you or someone you know needs help, you can contact the shelters by phone or online. For emergencies related to food, medication or personal support, call the Region of Peel at 905-791-7800.
For more info, click here.
- A Major Canadian Company Is Moving Into A Single Facility In Brampton
- Peel Police Asking For Help To Locate Missing 10-Year-Old Boy From Brampton
- A Frightening New Scam is Scaring Brampton Residents into Giving Up Private Information
- Brampton City Council Renames Park To Honour The Death Of Two-Year-Old Boy
- Severe Thunderstorm And Flood Watch Now In Effect For Brampton
- Important Waste Collection Information for Brampton Residents
- Garbage and Recycling Days About to Change in Brampton
- Important Waste Collection News for Mississauga and Brampton Residents
- Important Waste Collection News for Brampton and Mississauga
- A Change is Coming to Waste and Recycling Collection in Brampton Very Soon