More than 500 new COVID-19 cases recorded in Ontario, 270 total cases found in Brampton
The province says that over 500 COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Ontario and that over 170 residents have died of the virus.
As of 10:30 am on April 8, Ontario is reporting 5,276 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province. That represents a climb of over 500 new cases in a 24-hour period.
The province says 174 people have died of the disease, while another 2,074 have made full recoveries.
The province says 605 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, with 246 being treated in intensive care units. One-hundred-and-ninety-five patients are currently using ventilators.
According to the website, 84,601 people have been tested for the virus and 1,102 possible cases are under investigation.
According to Peel Public Health's COVID-19 website (which was updated at 10:00 am on April 8), 684 people have been diagnosed in the region and nine people have died of the virus. There are currently 270 cases in Brampton, 33 in Caledon and 378 in Mississauga.
Three cases are pending more information.
Residents are reminded to wash their hands frequently and stay home unless it is not possible to do so.
Cover photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- Second employee at Brampton grocery store tests positive for COVID-19
- No mask, no service? Businesses have the right to require masks on customers
- Military releases disturbing report on alleged abuse in Brampton long-term care home
- Traffic study identifies most dangerous streets in Brampton
- First responders attending to blown transformer in Brampton
- Less than 400 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, over 240 total cases confirmed in Brampton
- Close to 500 new cases of COVID-19 found in Ontario, over 300 total cases confirmed in Brampton
- 421 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, over 400 total cases confirmed in Brampton
- 483 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, over 400 total cases confirmed in Brampton
- Ontario reports over 4,000 cases of COVID-19, over 200 cases confirmed in Brampton