Motion to be presented at council for expanded patios in Brampton
At a June 10 conference, Mayor Patrick Brown discussed additional measures to help cope with the ongoing COVID-19 crisis in the City of Brampton.
Today’s conference featured Mayor Patrick Brown, Regional Councillor Pat Fortini, City Councillor, Doug Whillans, Dr. Lawrence Loh, Interim Medical Officer of Health, Region of Peel and Dr. Naveed Mohammad, President and Chief Executive Officer, William Osler Health System.
During the announcement, Councillor Fortini announced that he will be presenting a motion at council to allow outdoor patios.
“Today I will be presenting a motion at council to allow restaurants and bars and other businesses to have outdoor patios,” said Fortini, while emphasizing the importance of protecting customers and employees.
“We want to ensure all businesses and services are permitted to reopen with proper safety measures in place.”
While this motion is meant for expanded patios in the City of Brampton, both Mayor Brown and Fortini stressed the importance of continuing to follow physical-distancing measures as the economy begins to reopen.
“Let’s do our part, let’s say safe and please follow the bylaws,” concluded Fortini.
According to Fortini, this motion will be presented to council today (June 10).
- Multiple charges laid for loitering in Brampton
- First responders attending to vehicle rollover in Brampton
- Brampton city council unanimously approves motion to increase road safety
- House of the Week: $1.6 Mil House with Insta-Worthy Backyard
- Federal wage subsidy to be extended to December, Trudeau says
- Brampton issues 127 additional physical distancing fines amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Brampton to allow expanded outdoor spaces to support city's economic recovery
- City Council Passes Motion Requesting Sex Offender Be Removed from Brampton
- Patrick Brown emphasizes importance of not rushing economy's reopening amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Peel council to hear motion on lessening police’s involvement in mental health-related calls in Brampton