Multi-vehicle collision in Brampton causing delays
A call was received at 2:56 p.m. regarding a collision on Torbram Road and Queen St E in Brampton.
Police say it was a multi-vehicle collision.
Westbound on Queen S is closed from Torbram Road. Expect delays in the area.
UPDATE #1: Peel Paramedics say one patient has been transported to a trauma centre in serious but non-life threatening condition.
UPDATE #2: Police say a person is being transported to a trauma centre but the extent of the injuries is unknown. Road closures are in effect: eastbound and westbound on Queen St from Torbram. Northbound Torbram is closed. Police are advising people to avoid this intersection as they continue to investigate.
UPDATE #3: Police say three vehicles are involved. The adult female that has been transported to trauma centre has non-life threatening injuries. Westbound Queen St has reopened. Northbound Torbram has also reopened. Eastbound Queen St from Finchgate remains closed. Southbound Torbram Rd also remains closed.
UPDATE #4: At 4:38 p.m., police said that the roadway is expected to be cleared in the next 10-15 minutes.
- Vehicle rolls over on Brampton intersection
- Skies will be clear in Brampton for optimal Perseid meteor shower viewing
- Passengers aboard several early-August flights to Pearson test positive for COVID-19
- Stormwater charges on this month's water bills now in effect for Brampton residents
- Feds transitioning Canadians from CERB to Employment Insurance