UPDATED: Multiple Schools Under Hold and Secure Following Stabbing in Brampton
Multiple schools are under hold and secure (and one is in lockdown) following a stabbing incident in Brampton.
Around 1:30 p.m., Peel police said officers are in the Kennedy Rd. N. and Notre Dame area in response to a reported stabbing.
As a result, Notre Dame CSS is in lockdown and Kennedy Road North Daycare in hold and secure.
Police say additional schools under hold and secure include St Leonard CES, St Agnes CES, Heart Lake PSS, Conestoga PES and Oxford Learning Centre
School resource officers and uniform officers are on scene.
Updates to follow.
UPDATED: One victim was transported to local hospital with serious but non-life threatening injuries. The lockdown and hold and secures were lifted just after 2 p.m., according to police.
As of 2:43 p.m., the victim is in stable condition. Police say the incident did not occur on school property.
- UPDATED: Schools Under Lockdown, Hold and Secure in Brampton
- UPDATED: Schools in Lockdown and Hold and Secure After Gun Reportedly Seen in Brampton
- UPDATED: Schools in Hold and Secure After Possible Stabbing in Brampton
- Brampton School in Hold and Secure Following Stabbing Incident
- Brampton Schools Under Hold and Secure as Police Search for Possible Armed Suspect