Myths About The LRT That's Coming To Brampton
Sure, they look alike and share (somewhat) of the same colour scheme.
However, along with the similarities they share, LRT's and your everyday street cars are vastly different.
Here are the basics:
Metrolinx LRT's, or "light-rail transit," have their own dedicated right of way, along with priority intersections. They won't impede traffic, as they are seperated from the other lanes of traffic.
Temperatures inside the vehicles will go according to the weather, so you'll feel warm in the winter and cooled in the hotter weather. They're also green-friendly, producing near-zero emissions and just being friendly to our environment overall.
And of course, LRT is rapid transit, achieving up to 80 km/h. You won't find yourself stuck in traffic or competing for space with cars while using them.
LRT is proven, capable technology that is used for travel internationally.
- Peel District schools in Brampton with reported cases of COVID-19 - September 21
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Brampton with reported COVID-19 cases – September 21
- Province freezing rent for residential tenants in 2021
- Two Brampton men charged in connection to hit-and-run
- Over 500 drivers charged for having noisy vehicles in Brampton and Mississauga