New Airplane Viewing Platform Coming Just Outside Brampton
Danville Park, located north of the 401, off Kennedy Rd., is already the place to be if you like watching planes take off from Pearson Airport and it's going to be even more of an ideal plane-watching spot in the near future.
According to the Greater Toronto Airports Authority (GTAA), the organization has partnered with the city of Mississauga to develop a new viewing platform at the park.
The park's pinnacle, which is actually the highest point in Mississauga, is situated 25 metres above the surrounding area. Ideally, the final product will be equipped with aeronautical elements to make it "an iconic viewing platform."
Since the project is very much in its infancy, the GTAA is asking the community for input on the design and name of the platform.
"This is your opportunity to select different design elements and features from seating to aeronautical instruments such as wind socks and whirly gigs," the organization's website reads.
Once the final features are selected in order of preference, the GTAA will once again consult the community and ask for input on the favored design for the platform's main overhead feature. People will also be asked to select the final name.
So, what do you want the platform to look like?
- Province confirms route for new highway that will run through Brampton
- City Council approves plan for Brampton’s last undeveloped area
- Brampton man arrested, two suspects sought for carjacking of mother and three year old daughter
- Ontario reports fewer than 100 new cases of COVID-19 for sixth day in a row
- Brampton man and Mississauga woman charged after motorcycle theft, assault against officer
- New Viewing Platform Coming to Brampton-Area Badlands
- Justin Trudeau Unveils 2019 Liberal Platform at University of Toronto Mississauga
- GTAA to cut 500 positions, lay off employees at Pearson Airport
- Online platform delivers wine right to your doorstep
- Province developing new health data platform to better respond to COVID-19