New Brampton Mayor Poll Shows Surprising Results
If you thought the recent election poll showing Patrick Brown with a slight lead in Brampton's mayoral race tomorrow, you may be really surprised at the latest poll to come out today.
Mainstreet Research, who conducted the survey showing Brown ahead by almost five points, has followed up and has now released new numbers, showing support for the former PC party leader has doubled.
Brown is in the lead with 46 per cent of the votes, 10 points ahead of incumbent Brampton mayor Linda Jeffrey. Eight per cent prefer 'someone else', seven per cent support Regional Coun. John Sprovieri and former MP Bal Gosal gets three per cent of support.
"We’ve remained in the field over the weekend in Brampton and with just 24 hours to go, it looks like Patrick Brown has a significant lead," said Quito Maggi, President and CEO of Mainstreet Research, in his tweet.
The sample size of the poll is 829 with a margin of error +/- 3.4, 19 times out of 20 and was conducted between October 20 to October 21.
But should these two polls be taken with a bit of a grain of salt? While Mainstreet managed to accurate project the 2015 federal election, they were accused of conducting 'push polling' with the intent to obtain a particular result when it came to the last major mayoral election they surveyed.
In 2017, Mainstreet projected Calgary mayor Naheed Nenshi losing by 17 points, but Nenshi ended up winning by seven points on election night in Calgary.
The important thing to do now is to vote, for ultimately it is up to Bramptonians to decide who will be their next mayor.
Election Day is Monday, October 22.
- Brampton father celebrating big lotto win
- Peel District schools in Brampton with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 25
- All COVID-19 cases in Brampton schools for the week of September 21 to 26
- Ontario reports 435 new COVID-19 cases, no new deaths
- House of the Week: $1.6 Mil House with Insta-Worthy Backyard
- New Poll Shows One Candidate Leading Brampton Mayoral Race
- Patrick Brown Tied with Linda Jeffrey in Recent Brampton Poll
- BREAKING: Patrick Brown is Brampton's New Mayor
- Here's What Linda Jeffrey Has to Say About Patrick Brown Running for Mayor in Brampton
- Beloved Brampton Icon Supports Patrick Brown for Mayor