New Grant Available for Community Programming
If you have a community project about diversity and inclusion you need some cash to run, you might want to apply for this new grant program.
The province has launched the Multicultural Community Capacity Grant Program focused on promoting diversity and reducing barriers to inclusion.
There will be $6 million available over the next two years for grant programs to support community projects that provide opportunities for newcomers and ethno-cultural communities to participate fully in the civic, cultural, social and economic life of Ontario
Projects will be selected for their ability to increase intercultural awareness and understanding, enhance civic engagement and social connections, improve social and economic integration of newcomers and vulnerable groups such as refugees and newcomer women and youth, empower women, for example by providing opportunities for leadership roles, and improve access to services for newcomers and diverse communities.
Anyone with a project in mind that takes place between November 1, 2017 and March 31, 2018, is encouraged to apply.
There are two streams for applicable projects: one for incorporated not-for-profit organizations and another for individuals representing unincorporated not-for-profit organizations focused on immigrant and ethno-cultural communities.
The first has grants available between $3,000 and $8,000, while the second has available grants between $1,000 to $3,000.
Coordinators have until August 1, 2017, to submit program proposals.
For more information, click here.
- Ontario reports 550 new COVID-19 cases, largest single-day increase so far
- BREAKING: COVID-19 death reported at Brampton Civic Hospital
- Maple Leaf Foods closes Brampton plant as more employees test positive for COVID-19
- More than 500 new COVID-19 cases recorded in Ontario, 270 total cases found in Brampton
- Fire department responding to a fire in Brampton
- Province pledges to provide more funding to Francophone communities in Brampton
- City to Invest More Than $1.5 Million into Brampton Organizations
- These Organizations Just Got a Little Bit More Money in Brampton
- Canadian Government warns of increasing 'grant scam' in Brampton
- Ontario Launching New Program for Black Youth