New Urgent Care Centre Open in Brampton
If you're experiencing a health issue that's pressing but not life-threatening, you might be relieved to hear that you can now seek medical attention at the newly opened Urgent Care Centre (UCC) at the Peel Memorial Centre for Integrated Health and Wellness.
To be clear, the UCC is not an emergency room and should not be treated as such. That said, it's ideal for non-emergency issues that can't wait until your family doctor has an open appointment.
Basically, the UCC serves patients of all ages with non-life threatening illnesses and injuries that do not require immediate surgery or an overnight hospital stay. The centre is staffed by emergency trained physicians and other workers and boasts high-tech diagnostic equipment, so you can access x-ray, CT and laboratory services.
The centre is open from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. daily and treats patients suffering from:
- Sprains, strains and broken bones
- Allergic reactions and rashes
- Asthma attacks
- Minor burns
- Cuts that might need stitches
- Earaches and eye injuries
- Fevers, coughs and colds
- Nose and throat complaints
- Persistent (but not severe) abdominal pain
If you are experiencing a bona fide emergency, such as chest or severe abdominal pain, shortness of breath, serious injury, a mental health crisis, an overdose or a serious pregnancy-related issue, you should call 911 or go your nearest emergency room.
For more information, click here.
- Grocery store employee in Brampton tests positive for COVID-19
- Brampton raid part of large fentanyl bust
- House of the Week: $1.6 Mil House with Insta-Worthy Backyard
- Peel District schools in Brampton with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 28
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Brampton with reported COVID-19 cases – September 28
- Important Update To Brampton's Urgent Care Centre
- Peel Memorial Centre Improves Health Care for Brampton Residents
- Peel opens emergency child care centres amid COVID-19 outbreak to support health care and frontline workers
- Emergency Department at Brampton Civic Undergoing Construction
- Health-care workers to announce political action in response to emergency orders