No Working Smoke Detectors in Home Where Three Family Members Perished

in
 

Ontario's Office of the Fire Marshal recently announced that there were no working smoke alarms in the home where three people tragically perished in a recent fire, The Canadian Press reports.

The tragic fire ripped through a home in the Dixie and Bovaird area last week, killing three members of the same family and sending a little girl to hospital with serious injuries. The girl was rescued by a male who managed to escape the basement suite during the blaze.

According to The CP, Office of the Fire Marshal spokesperson Carol Gravelle said that, according to the Ontario Fire Code, working smoke alarms must be installed on every floor and outside all sleeping area in homes throughout the province.

It is not yet known if the owners of the home, who do not occupy the property and were renting it out to the affected family and other basement tenants, will be charged in relation to the incident.

A mother, father and young daughter perished in the tragic blaze and the youngest family member is still recovering in hospital.

The cause of the fire is under investigation.

Your Comments