One Person Killed and Two Injured in Crash Near Brampton
One person is dead and two others are in hospital - one in serious condition - following a crash near the Brampton-Mississauga border on Wednesday morning.
“We got the call at 6:57 a.m.,” said Peel Regional Police Const. Mark Fischer.
Emergency crews rushed to the scene at Hurontario St. and Ambassador Dr. just north of Courtneypark.
The crash involved a car and truck.
A male in the car was found without vital signs. Peel paramedics pronounced him dead at the scene.
Fire crews are working on extricating a second person who’s possibly unconscious.
The truck driver is also going to hospital “with what appears to be minor injuries,” said Fischer.
The major collision bureau is heading to the scene.
Northbound lanes of Hurontario are closed at Courtney Park, with southbound lanes closed at Superior.
Westbound Ambassador is closed at Edwards.
Avoid the area.
Photo courtesy of Peel Regional Police
- Traffic study identifies most dangerous streets in Brampton
- Impaired driver smashes into tree in Brampton
- Popular American chicken joint goes international, opening new locations in Ontario
- 460 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,956 total cases found in Brampton
- House of the Week: $1.4 Mil Bungalow With Incredible Bar