One Person Killed and Two Injured in Crash Near Brampton
One person is dead and two others are in hospital - one in serious condition - following a crash near the Brampton-Mississauga border on Wednesday morning.
“We got the call at 6:57 a.m.,” said Peel Regional Police Const. Mark Fischer.
Emergency crews rushed to the scene at Hurontario St. and Ambassador Dr. just north of Courtneypark.
The crash involved a car and truck.
A male in the car was found without vital signs. Peel paramedics pronounced him dead at the scene.
Fire crews are working on extricating a second person who’s possibly unconscious.
The truck driver is also going to hospital “with what appears to be minor injuries,” said Fischer.
The major collision bureau is heading to the scene.
Northbound lanes of Hurontario are closed at Courtney Park, with southbound lanes closed at Superior.
Westbound Ambassador is closed at Edwards.
Avoid the area.
Photo courtesy of Peel Regional Police
- Province confirms route for new highway that will run through Brampton
- City Council approves plan for Brampton’s last undeveloped area
- Brampton man arrested, two suspects sought for carjacking of mother and three year old daughter
- Ontario reports seventh straight day of fewer than 100 new cases of COVID-19
- Study finds red and processed meat not associated with any health risks