One resident treated by paramedics at house fire in Brampton
Paramedics and fire crews are on scene for a fire this evening.
Police were called at 8:00 p.m. after a fire broke out in the basement of a residence in the area of Valonia Drive and Salem Court, near the intersection of Bovaird Drive East and Kennedy.
Police say the fire is under control.
One person is being attended to by ambulance for smoke inhalation, paramedics report.
The cause of the fire is unknown and still being investigated.
The road is currently blocked at Valonia Drive. Residents should avoid the area for now.
Photo courtesy of Brampton Fire
- Ontario reports 550 new COVID-19 cases, largest single-day increase so far
- Maple Leaf Foods closes Brampton plant as more employees test positive for COVID-19
- More than 500 new COVID-19 cases recorded in Ontario, 270 total cases found in Brampton
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Police help six-year-old boy from Brampton celebrate his birthday
- Justin Trudeau says we won’t return to complete normalcy until a vaccine is produced