OPP Shares Concerns After Charging Two Brampton Residents With Drunk Driving
The OPP raised concerns after charging two Brampton residents with drinking and driving in two hours.
On August 19th at about 9:43 p.m, an officer was on patrol in the area of Escarpment Side Road and Highway 10, when he observed a vehicle driving erratically. Upon stopping the vehicle, an odor of alcoholic beverage was detected and an approved screening device demand (ASD) was made. The driver registered a “fail” and was placed under arrest for having more than 80 mg of alcohol in 100 millilitres of blood.
As a result, Ravneet Singh, a 29-year-old Brampton resident was charged with operation while impaired - Blood Alcohol Concentration 80 mgs plus.
The accused is expected to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice on September 5th, 2019, to answer to the charge.
Two hours later, at about 12:11 a.m., officers responded to a traffic complaint in the area of Airport Road and Castlederg Side Road. The complainant stated that the vehicle was driving erratically and was weaving all over the road.
The responding officer stopped the vehicle and the driver was arrested for impaired driving and transported to Caledon Detachment for further tests.
As a result, Partap Kanhai, a 51-year-old Brampton resident was charged with operation while impaired, and operation while impaired - Blood Alcohol Concentration 80 mgs plus.
The accused is expected to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice on September 5th, 2019, to answer to the charges.
- Unexpected airport closure leaves Canadian travellers stranded on Cuban island
- The longest picket line ever could be coming to the Region of Peel this Friday
- PHOTOS: Plane lands without wheel at Pearson Airport
- Police investigating fire in Brampton
- Peel Regional Police investigating carjacking in Brampton
- OPP Arrest And Charge Three Brampton Residents With Impaired Driving
- OPP Arrest And Charge Brampton Man With Impaired Driving After Collision
- OPP Arrest And Charge 21-Year-Old Brampton Resident With Impaired Driving
- OPP Arrest 23-Year-Old Brampton Resident Following Road Rage Incident
- OPP Arrests 25-Year-Old Brampton Resident Following Single-Vehicle Collision