Outdoor Classroom to Open in Brampton
One elementary school is about to have a very green learning space nearby!
The City of Brampton and TD Friends of the Environment Foundation are officially opening the new outdoor classroom this Thursday at Massey Park, behind Massey Street Public School.
The outdoor classroom was made possible by a $5,000 grant from TD FEF, which is helping to revitalize more than 150 parks and green spaces across the country, in recognition of Canada's 150th birthday
Local students and representatives will be present at the opening ceremony on Thursday morning.
City Councillor Jeff Bowman, TD Canada representative Farhaneh Haque, and Massey Street Public School representative Kathy Kozovski will speak at the event.
Students from Massey Street Public School will participate in activities following speeches and the cheque presentation, including planting trees and pollinators, and making seed balls and bee boxes.
- Patrick Brown reveals COVID-19 'hot spot' neighbourhood in Brampton
- Peel releases map data showing COVID-19 cases and hotspots
- Police investigating after deceased male located in Brampton
- Three teens arrested for arson at Brampton elementary school
- Police and Brampton Fire responding to person in crisis