Over 100 Ontario Hospitals to Undergo Repairs This Year
Renovations: coming soon to a hospital near you!
The province recently announced that repairs and upgrades are coming to a whopping 131 hospitals in Ontario this year.
A total of $175 million is being invested to renovate the hospitals through the Health Infrastructure Renewal Fund (HIRF).
These crucial repairs include upgrades or replacements to roofs, windows, heating and air conditioning systems, fire alarms and back-up generators.
"These repairs and upgrades are crucial to ensuring all patients get the help they need now and in the future. By upgrading our hospitals' infrastructure, we are helping Ontarians get the best health care close to home," said Eric Hoskins, Minister of Health and Long-Term Care.
As for which hospitals will be undergoing renovations province-wide, the investment includes more than $85,000 for Collingwood General and Marine Hospital, more than $570,000 for Georgian Bay General Hospital, more than $1.2 million for Muskoka Algonquin Healthcare, $2.6 million for Royal Victoria Regional Health Centre, and more than $680,000 for Waypoint Centre for Mental Health Care.
As for Brampton, information about specific local hospitals is coming soon.
"There will be an announcement in the near future with details of the funding for local hospitals," the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care told inbrampton.com.
Healthcare across the province is undergoing significant upgrades over the next few years in general.
As part of the 2017 Budget, Ontario is spending an additional $9 billion on constructing new hospital projects. This brings Ontario’s total planned investment in hospital infrastructure to more than $20 billion over the next 10 years.
Overall, these renovations are part of the largest infrastructure investment in the province's history, with $190 billion invested over the 13-year period starting in 2014-15 to build new child care spaces, schools, hospitals, public transit, highways and roads.
- Salaries for Brampton Employees Expected to Rise 2.7 Per Cent
- Four arrested including two Brampton men after series of overnight robberies
- Man dead after vehicle crashes into pole in Brampton
- BREAKING: First coronavirus patient confirmed at Sunnybrook Hospital
- Various milk products recalled due to sanitizer contamination
- Province Aims to Improve Care for People in Mental Health Crisis
- Here's How Much Money Brampton is Getting for Hospitals
- Here's Where Brampton's Hospital Ranks on the List of Best Hospitals in Canada
- Major Changes Coming to Hospitals in Brampton
- Peel Memorial Centre Improves Health Care for Brampton Residents