Over 200 new COVID-19 cases found in Ontario, over 100 cases now confirmed in Brampton
The province recently announced that well over 200 new cases of COVID-19 have been discovered in Ontario.
As of 4:00 pm on March 30, Ontario is reporting 1,966 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province.
The province says 33 people have died of the disease, while another 534 have made full recoveries. The province's updated website provides some interesting demographic information as well. According to the website, 980 men and 974 women have been diagnosed with COVID-19. The province says that 1,496 people diagnosed have been between the ages of 20 and 64, meaning people in that age range comprise 76 per cent of patients.
The province says 51,629 people have been tested for the virus and that 4,280 possible cases are under investigation.
According to Peel Public Health's COVID-19 website (which was updated at 10:00 am on March 30), 277 people have been diagnosed in the region. There are currently 101 cases in Brampton, 16 in Caledon and 154 in Mississauga. Six cases are currently pending more information.
According to Halton Region Public Health, there were 36 cases in the region as of 12:00 pm on March 30.
Of the 36 cases reported by the Halton Region, eight cases have been diagnosed in Milton, 16 in Oakville, 10 in Burlington and two in Halton Hills.
A Milton man in his 50s died of the virus earlier this month.
There is evidence of community spread in both regions.
Residents are reminded to wash their hands frequently and stay home unless it is not possible to do so.
- 120 workers test positive for COVID-19 in outbreak on Ontario farm
- Peel police issue dozens of speeding tickets over two-day period in Brampton
- 404 new COVID-19 cases being reported in Ontario, 2,468 total cases found in Brampton
- The Canadian Accent Has Been Ranked 13th Sexiest Accent In The World
- Doug Ford plans to extend state of emergency in Ontario until June 30
- Close to 2,000 COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, with over 70 cases confirmed in Brampton
- Ontario reports over 500 COVID-19 cases in the province, with 6 new cases confirmed in Peel
- Ontario reports over 450 new COVID-19 cases, over 130 cases confirmed in Brampton
- Over 400 new COVID-19 cases found in Ontario, with over 100 cases found in Brampton
- Ontario reports over 4,000 cases of COVID-19, over 200 cases confirmed in Brampton