Over 400 new COVID-19 cases found in Ontario, with over 100 cases found in Brampton
The province recently announced that over 400 new cases of COVID-19 have been discovered in Ontario.
As of 4:00 pm on March 31, Ontario is reporting 2,392 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province.
The province says 37 people have died of the disease, while another 689 have made full recoveries. The province's updated website provides some interesting demographic information as well. According to the website, 1,189 men and 1,189 women have been diagnosed with COVID-19.
The province says 57,874 people have been tested for the virus and that 3,135 possible cases are under investigation.
According to Peel Public Health's COVID-19 website (which was updated at 10:00 am on April 1), 309 people have been diagnosed in the region. There are currently 112 cases in Brampton, 16 in Caledon and 174 in Mississauga.
Seven cases are pending more information.
A Brampton man in his 70s died of the virus on March 31. He is the region's first COVID-19 fatality.
According to Halton Region Public Health, there were 59 cases in the region as of 12:30 pm on March 31. That marks a surge of 23 new patients in a one-day period.
Most COVID-19 cases have been found in Oakville.
Of the 59 cases reported by the Halton Region, 15 cases have been diagnosed in Milton, 24 in Oakville, 16 in Burlington and four in Halton Hills.
A Milton man in his 50s died of the virus earlier this month.
There is evidence of community spread in both regions.
Residents are reminded to wash their hands frequently and stay home unless it is not possible to do so.
- The Canadian Accent Has Been Ranked 13th Sexiest Accent In The World
- Building evacuated, roads closed due to potential ammonia leak in Brampton
- Patrick Brown reveals COVID-19 'hot spot' neighbourhood in Brampton
- Some Skip the Dishes customers left feeling hangry
- Peel releases map data showing COVID-19 cases and hotspots
- Over 200 new COVID-19 cases found in Ontario, over 100 cases now confirmed in Brampton
- Ontario reports over 450 new COVID-19 cases, over 130 cases confirmed in Brampton
- Close to 500 new cases of COVID-19 found in Ontario, over 300 total cases confirmed in Brampton
- Ontario reports over 4,000 cases of COVID-19, over 200 cases confirmed in Brampton
- Close to 1,000 cases of COVID-19 recorded in Ontario, with 41 new cases found in Peel