PAMA's virtual activities to continue throughout month of September
With most people in Brampton self-isolating at home amid the COVID-19 pandemic, it’s safe to say that many miss being able to go out to places they used to enjoy visiting.
Fans of Peel Art Gallery, Museum + Archives (PAMA) may be longing to return, but in the meantime, their social media channels and virtual activities are a way for families to have fun and stay connected from the comfort of their homes.
Behind-the-scenes tours, art and artifact spotlights are just some of the ways people can still experience and enjoy PAMA virtually.
During the month of September, PAMA’s website will feature Chalk It Back To School, a fun way for visitors to get creative with a virtual chalkboard.
Additionally, visitors can have fun with Apple Quilling, which enables users to create their own 3D apples with paper quilling techniques.
On September 24, 2020, from 7:00 - 8:30 pm, PAMA will be offering a virtual tour of their Simon Hughes exhibit, which explores the artist’s Canadian-themed narrative paintings.
Afterward, PAMA will host a discussion on “Our Homesick Songs” by Emma Hooper at an online meeting, where a staff member will be on hand to talk about the exhibit.
Registration for this online program is required through Eventbrite.
After registration, library staff will contact participants to schedule a curbside pickup for the book and participants will receive a link to join the program via email.
Additionally, Digital Doors Open Brampton will take place from Saturday, September 25 to October 31.
Stay tuned online for opportunities to explore in Brampton including many behind-the-scenes features from PAMA.
Culture Days will take place from September 25 to October 25. This year’s theme is Unexpected Intersections, which inspires creative collaborations and discovery.
The Art Voice Showcase will take place on Saturday, September 26, on Facebook from 2:00 - 3:00 pm. Join some of the artists featured in the virtual exhibit as they showcase their different forms of art and chat with them in a live Q & A.
Your Voice through Self-Portraits will take place from September 26 to October 25.
PAMA’s self-portrait series is inspired by Art Voice: Expressions from Youth in Peel, an online exhibition featuring extraordinary works created by youth artists expressing their voices through art.
Art Voice will feature many different modes of expression through art. In the exhibition, visitors will experience a variety of portraits and self-portraits.
Click here for more information.
Photos courtesy of Peel Art Gallery, Museum + Archives (PAMA)
- Seven of the top 10 most rat-infested cities in Ontario in GTHA
- All COVID-19 cases in Brampton schools for the week of September 14 to 19
- PICK A SIDE: Should Ontario return to Stage 2?
- BREAKING: Ontario rolls back social gathering limits in response to rising COVID-19 cases
- Charges laid after stolen vehicle causes collision in Brampton
- PAMA's virtual activities to continue throughout month of August
- PAMA offering virtual activities to keep community connected amid COVID-19 pandemic
- PAMA issues last call for art voice youth showcase
- PAMA offering online activities to keep community connected amid COVID-19 pandemic
- New PAMA Exhibition Allows Visitors To Explore Canada Through Art