Paramedics Responding to Chemical Spill in Brampton
Emergency services are on scene for an incident in Brampton this morning.
Paramedics reported around 8:00 a.m. that they were responding to a chemical spill at an address on Orenda Road.
Six people are currently being treated with respiratory issues after what paramedics are calling a possible ammonia leak.
Residents should avoid the area.
UPDATE: Police have attended the scene and say that the leak was contained to the inside of the business (85 employees at the location). Paramedics treated and transported seven people to a local hospital, all with minor to moderate respiratory issues.
- Salaries for Brampton Employees Expected to Rise 2.7 Per Cent
- Four arrested including two Brampton men after series of overnight robberies
- Man dead after vehicle crashes into pole in Brampton
- BREAKING: First coronavirus patient confirmed at Sunnybrook Hospital
- Various milk products recalled due to sanitizer contamination