Part of 410 Closed After Pedestrian Seriously Injured
A woman is being transported to a trauma centre after being struck by a vehicle on the 410 in Brampton, police say.
Shortly after 10:00 a.m., Peel police said emergency crews were called to the scene of a collision involving a vehicle and female pedestrian in the 410 and Williams Parkway area.
The OPP say the southbound ramp to Williams Parkway is currently closed.
Peel police say road closures are also in effect on the east and westbound sides of Williams Parkway at Southlake and the 410.
Police say the victim has sustained life-threatening injuries.
Updates to follow.
UPDATE: Police say the victim is a 19-year-old woman, and that the vehicle involved failed to remain at the scene. There is no suspect information at this time.
- Police investigate possible kidnapping of a female in Brampton
- All COVID-19 cases in Brampton schools for the week of September 14 to 19
- UPDATE: Police say Saturday night incident in Brampton wasn't kidnapping; continuing to investigate
- Ontario reports 365 new COVID-19 cases in past 24 hours, one new death
- Planning for this transformative Brampton project now underway
- Teen Dies After Being Struck by Vehicle on 410 Ramp in Brampton
- Pedestrian Struck by Vehicle in Brampton, Victim in Trauma Centre
- Pedestrian Seriously Injured After Being Struck by Vehicle in Brampton
- Two Vehicle Crash on Williams Parkway Near 410 in Brampton
- Police and Paramedics on Scene for Pedestrian Struck in Brampton