Part of Pearson Airport Evacuated Due to Fire
Police are on scene due to a fire at Pearson Airport in Mississauga.
Peel police recently announced that emergency crews are on scene for a fire in Terminal 1.
Police say passengers have been evacuated from the affected area.
There are no reports of injuries at this time.
Updates to follow.
UPDATE: Paramedics are currently on scene and treating several patients. Police say the fire has been extinguished, but a significant amount of water and smoke is in the area. Police are encouraging all passengers to check their flight status before reaching Terminal 1.
Paramedics say one woman was taken to hospital in stable condition. Police say delays and cancellations have been issued. Travellers are advised to check with their airlines to see if the incident will affect them. Crews are working to clean up damage and restore normal operations at the airport.
- McLaughlin and Ray Lawson closed due to shooting investigation in Brampton
- House of the Week: $1.6 Mil House with Insta-Worthy Backyard
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Brampton with reported COVID-19 cases – September 29
- Peel District schools in Brampton with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 29
- Grocery store employee in Brampton tests positive for COVID-19