Passenger Dead, Driver Flees After Overnight Crash in Brampton
The investigation is ongoing into a fatal crash that happened overnight in Brampton.
Around 1:15 a.m., police reported that the intersection of Highway 50 and Castlemore Road was closed due to a serious vehicle collision.
One vehicle’s passenger was pronounced dead at the scene and the driver was taken to a trauma centre, police say.
The driver of the second vehicle reportedly fled the scene.
The Major Collision Bureau is investigating.
- Police no longer believe Brampton incident was a kidnapping
- All COVID-19 cases in Brampton schools for the week of September 14 to 19
- Police investigate possible kidnapping of a female in Brampton
- Planning for this transformative Brampton project now underway
- UPDATE: Police say Saturday night incident in Brampton wasn't kidnapping; continuing to investigate
- Passenger in Trauma Centre After Crash Near Major Brampton Intersection
- Driver flees three-vehicle crash involving police cruiser in Brampton
- Driver transported to trauma centre after multi-vehicle collision in Brampton
- UPDATE: Elderly Woman Struck by Vehicle in Brampton Pronounced Dead
- One Driver Dead Following Brampton Collision Involving Transport Truck