Patrick Brown Declares June 12 as Nigerian Democracy Day in Brampton
Brampton Mayor Patrick has signed an official proclamation today (June 12) designating the day as Nigerian Democracy Day.
According to the proclamation, Nigerian Democracy Day is a national holiday in Nigeria and was originally celebrated on May 29 the then President was sworn into office. It was eventually moved to June 12, in honour of the first free and fair election in the country.
Due to the fact many members of the Nigerians in the GTA non-profit group reside in Brampton, Mayor Brown and the City Council decided to make an official day in the city.
Nigerians in the GTA will be organizing a multicultural event, where Nigerian culture will be showcased through food, drink, music, games and more!
Cover photo courtesy of Mayor Patrick Brown’s Twitter
- Patrick Brown Declares June as Filipino Heritage Month
- Patrick Brown and City Council Members Launch #FairDealForBrampton Program
- Publisher to Fight $8 Million Lawsuit Against Brampton Mayor Patrick Brown
- BREAKING: Former PC Leader Patrick Brown Running for Mayor in Brampton
- BREAKING: Patrick Brown is Brampton's New Mayor