Patrick Brown Declares June as Filipino Heritage Month
On Wednesday, June 12, Mayor Patrick Brown signed an official proclamation to make June Filipino Heritage Month.
Brown presented the proclamation together with Brampton Councilor Rowena Santos.
The proclamation states that the Filipino community in Brampton has contributed a great deal to the socio-economic fabric of the city.
Filipino Heritage Month will recognize the history of the Filipino community in Brampton, Ontario and across Canada.
The declaration also coincides with Philippine Independence Day (June 12) which celebrates the country’s democracy, freedom and cultures.
Patrick Brown made several other proclamations on June 12, including declaring the date as Nigerian Democracy Day in Brampton.
Cover photo courtesy of Patrick Brown’s Twitter
- A Huge Food Truck Festival Is Coming To Brampton Soon
- A Huge Sidewalk Sale is Happening at Heartland Town Centre
- House of the Week: $1.7 Mil House With Luxurious Bathrooms
- Another Commercial Development Is Coming To Brampton
- Man Wanted for Multiple Fraud Incidents Targeting Victims in Mississauga and Brampton
- Patrick Brown Declares June 12 as Nigerian Democracy Day in Brampton
- Celebrate Filipino Heritage Month With Delicious Treats in Brampton
- Ontario Finance Minister Threatens to Sue Brampton Mayor Patrick Brown
- Patrick Brown and City Council Members Launch #FairDealForBrampton Program
- Publisher to Fight $8 Million Lawsuit Against Brampton Mayor Patrick Brown