Pedestrian fatally struck by vehicle in Brampton
A call was received at 7:23 a.m. about a pedestrian being struck on Rutherford Road S and Orenda Road in Brampton.
Police say the driver of the vehicle did not remain on the scene.
The extent of the injuries is unknown.
UPDATE #1: Police say the male victim has been pronounced deceased. Rutherford Road is closed between Orenda Road and Clark Boulevard. An investigation is ongoing and anyone with information is asked to contact police or Crime Stoppers.
UPDATE #2: Police say this is no longer considered a fail to remain investigation. The Major Collision Bureau has carriage of this investigation. The roadway continues to be shut down as the investigation continues.
UPDATE #3: Police say roadway is now clear.
- Brampton father celebrating big lotto win
- Peel District schools in Brampton with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 25
- All COVID-19 cases in Brampton schools for the week of September 21 to 26
- Ontario reports 435 new COVID-19 cases, no new deaths
- House of the Week: $1.6 Mil House with Insta-Worthy Backyard