Pedestrian fatally struck by vehicle in Brampton
A call was received at 7:23 a.m. about a pedestrian being struck on Rutherford Road S and Orenda Road in Brampton.
Police say the driver of the vehicle did not remain on the scene.
The extent of the injuries is unknown.
UPDATE #1: Police say the male victim has been pronounced deceased. Rutherford Road is closed between Orenda Road and Clark Boulevard. An investigation is ongoing and anyone with information is asked to contact police or Crime Stoppers.
UPDATE #2: Police say this is no longer considered a fail to remain investigation. The Major Collision Bureau has carriage of this investigation. The roadway continues to be shut down as the investigation continues.
UPDATE #3: Police say roadway is now clear.
- PHOTOS: Plane lands without wheel at Pearson Airport
- Peel Regional Police investigating carjacking in Brampton
- Canadian government changing stress test rate for mortgages soon
- Brampton collision sends man to hospital; closes Steeles Ave
- Ontario looks into licence plate defect weeks after new decals released