Pedestrian Injured in Hit and Run in Brampton
One person sustained serious injuries in a collision at a major Brampton intersection this evening.
Police reported around 7:00 p.m. that a pedestrian was struck by a vehicle in the area of Main Street and Bovaird Drive.
The driver, who left the scene, was later located by police and taken into custody.
A male victim has been taken to a trauma centre with serious injuries.
Southbound Main Street from Bovaird will be closed for the time being. Other drivers should avoid the area.
UPDATE: The victim’s condition has been deemed non-life threatening.
- Pedestrian Struck by Vehicle in Brampton, Victim in Trauma Centre
- Pedestrian Struck by Vehicle on Main Street in Brampton
- Police and Paramedics on Scene for Pedestrian Struck in Brampton
- Part of Major Intersection Closed After Pedestrian Seriously Injured in Collision
- Pedestrian in Trauma Centre After Crash at Major Brampton Intersection