Pedestrian Struck and Killed By Vehicle Near Brampton Border
A 62-year-old Mississauga man is dead after being hit by a vehicle near Brampton early Wednesday.
"The victim was pronounced (dead) at the scene," said Peel Regional Police Const. Bancroft Wright.
Emergency crews rushed to Hurontario St. and Topflight Dr. at 12:22 a.m. -- that's south of Hwy. 407 and north of Derry Rd.
The driver, a 55-year-old Brampton man, remained on scene.
An autopsy is pending and it's unclear if charges are being laid.
The major collision bureau is appealing for witnesses.
Anyone with information is asked to phone 905-453-2121 ext. 3710 or Crime Stoppers 1-800-222-8477.
- Injuries Reported After Vehicle Crashes into House in Brampton
- Vehicle Catches on Fire in Brampton
- Police Remind Residents Not to Call 911 on Ice Cream Trucks
- Peel Police Asking For Help To Locate Missing 10-Year-Old Boy From Brampton
- People Are Demanding Better Phone Plans As Canada's Phone Plan Prices Increase
- Police Seeking Witnesses in Crash Which Killed Brampton Man
- Police Seeking Witnesses After Elderly Woman Dies After Being Struck by Vehicle in Brampton
- Police Investigating After Man Struck and Killed in Brampton
- Brampton Woman Struck and Killed by Vehicle in Mississauga
- UPDATE: Elderly Woman Struck by Vehicle in Brampton Pronounced Dead