Pedestrian Struck and Killed By Vehicle Near Brampton Border
A 62-year-old Mississauga man is dead after being hit by a vehicle near Brampton early Wednesday.
"The victim was pronounced (dead) at the scene," said Peel Regional Police Const. Bancroft Wright.
Emergency crews rushed to Hurontario St. and Topflight Dr. at 12:22 a.m. -- that's south of Hwy. 407 and north of Derry Rd.
The driver, a 55-year-old Brampton man, remained on scene.
An autopsy is pending and it's unclear if charges are being laid.
The major collision bureau is appealing for witnesses.
Anyone with information is asked to phone 905-453-2121 ext. 3710 or Crime Stoppers 1-800-222-8477.
- Police investigating incident at Brampton school
- Police identify woman allegedly killed by former partner in suspected murder/suicide incident in Brampton
- Police investigating murder/suicide incident in Brampton
- Police searching for Brampton man following shooting and robbery at adult entertainment facility
- Highway lane blocked due to a collision in Brampton
- Police Seeking Witnesses in Crash Which Killed Brampton Man
- Police Seeking Witnesses After Elderly Woman Dies After Being Struck by Vehicle in Brampton
- Police Investigating After Man Struck and Killed in Brampton
- Brampton Woman Struck and Killed by Vehicle in Mississauga
- Male pedestrian pronounced dead after being hit by vehicle in Brampton