Pedestrian Struck and Killed By Vehicle Near Brampton Border
A 62-year-old Mississauga man is dead after being hit by a vehicle near Brampton early Wednesday.
"The victim was pronounced (dead) at the scene," said Peel Regional Police Const. Bancroft Wright.
Emergency crews rushed to Hurontario St. and Topflight Dr. at 12:22 a.m. -- that's south of Hwy. 407 and north of Derry Rd.
The driver, a 55-year-old Brampton man, remained on scene.
An autopsy is pending and it's unclear if charges are being laid.
The major collision bureau is appealing for witnesses.
Anyone with information is asked to phone 905-453-2121 ext. 3710 or Crime Stoppers 1-800-222-8477.
- AMBER ALERT CANCELLED: 11 Year Old Girl Abducted by Father Found Dead in Brampton
- Vigil To Be Held In Brampton For Slain 11-Year-Old Girl
- Man Wanted for Attempted Murder and Firearms Offences in Brampton
- People Complain About Amber Alert Following Death of 11-Year-Old Girl
- Power Out for Thousands of Brampton Residents
- Police Seeking Witnesses in Crash Which Killed Brampton Man
- Police Seeking Witnesses After Elderly Woman Dies After Being Struck by Vehicle in Brampton
- Police Investigating After Man Struck and Killed in Brampton
- UPDATE: Elderly Woman Struck by Vehicle in Brampton Pronounced Dead
- Brampton Woman Struck and Killed by Vehicle in Mississauga