UPDATE: 25-Year-Old Driver Still in Serious Condition After One-Car Collision in Brampton
Investigators from the Major Collision Bureau are seeking the public's assistance as they investigate a collision involving a single motor vehicle in Brampton.
On Saturday, January 7, 2017 at approximately 7:45 a.m., the victim was driving a vehicle Westbound on Sandalwood Parkway in the City of Brampton before becoming involved in a serious one-car crash. According to police, the vehicle conducted a number of maneuveres before colliding with a concrete light standard. As a result of the collision, a 25 year-old male driver was extracted from the vehicle by the fire department and transported to hospital.
The man was found in critical condition at the scene and remains in serious condition in hospital, according to Peel police.
At this juncture, there is no information on whether or not speed or alcohol were involved in the accident.
Investigators are appealing for witnesses who may have witnessed the collision, have dashboard video footage of the incident or who may have significant information regarding the actions of the driver prior to the collision.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact investigators with the Major Collision Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 3710. Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or by visiting www.peelcrimestoppers.ca or by sending a text message to CRIMES (274637) with the word 'PEEL' and then your tip.
- Exciting Christmas Events are Coming to a Huge Entertainment Facility
- 5 Amazing Places for a Girls' Weekend Getaway Outside Brampton
- Brampton man celebrating his big lottery win
- Two Brampton men charged in massive firearm-related investigation
- $25,000 reward offered for conviction of armed robbery suspects in Peel
- Police Seeking Witnesses After Brampton Hit and Run Leaves Man in Critical Condition
- Police Seeking Witnesses After Elderly Woman Dies After Being Struck by Vehicle in Brampton
- Peel Police Looking for Witnesses Following Collision Investigation
- Police Identify Young Victim in Fatal Brampton Crash
- Police Seeking Assistance in Identifying Collision Witness