Peel Police are Warning People About Frauds and Scams
Fraud and scams are a big concern in the Peel Region.
According to police, there are more than 1,000 frauds and scams reported each year resulting in them being a key issue for police.
In 2017 1,957 frauds were reported in the region of Peel.
Police say that frauds and scams are something that the public should be aware of.
Common frauds can include credit and debit card frauds, and automated teller machine (ATM) frauds.
Common scams include emergency scams, Canada Revenue Agency fraud scams, lottery and prize scams, and advanced fee scams.
In order to help the community stay informed and proactive in preventing this activity, the Peel Police is offering educational seminars on fraud prevention.
For dates and more information visit the Peel Police events calendar.
- Peel Region Reduces Speed Limits On Two Major Roads In Brampton
- GoFundMe Page Set Up for Family Following Double Murder-Suicide In Brampton
- A Brampton-Based Healthcare Project Is Expanding To Other Cities Across Ontario
- Police Looking For Brampton Man Wanted For Numerous Firearm Offences
- Peel Police Asking For Public's Help To Locate Pregnant 34-Year-Old Woman