Peel Police Arrest 15-Year-Old Following Carjacking Incident In Brampton
Peel Police have arrested one youth and are looking for another young suspect in relation to a robbery in Brampton.
On September 20 at approximately 11:00 a.m., the victim, a 34-year-old woman from Brampton, was parked on Leslie Street. While the victim was unloading groceries from the trunk of her vehicle, a 2008 white Lincoln, two male suspects threatened the victim with a handgun and demanded her car keys. The victim complied and handed over the keys to the suspect holding the firearm.
Both suspects fled in the victim's vehicle, which was last seen southbound on McLaughlin Road. The victim did not sustain any injuries.
On September 23, a 15-year-old offender was arrested and charged for robbery and imitation firearm - use while committing offence. He was held for a bail hearing and attended the Ontario Court of Justice on September 24.
The vehicle was recovered.
The outstanding suspect is described as male, multi-racial, 13-14 years old, 5'7", slim build and wearing a grey hoodie.
Anyone with information pertaining to this matter is asked to contact police at (905) 453-3311, ext. 3505 or Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS(8477) or by visiting peelcrimestoppers.ca.
- Traffic study identifies most dangerous streets in Brampton
- Canadian military preparing to get involved in COVID-19 pandemic
- Brampton man charged for allegedly lying about COVID-19 exposure
- Waste service changes coming to Brampton amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Close to 2,000 COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, with over 70 cases confirmed in Brampton