Peel Police Arrest 38-Year-Old Man In Connection To Human Trafficking Investigation
Peel Police have arrested and charged a 38-year-old man from Brampton in relation to a human trafficking investigation in Mississauga.
In February 2019, an investigation began of a 26-year-old female victim who had been exploited in the sex trade over a six-year period. The suspect exercised control over all aspects of the victim's life and profited as a result.
On June 27, Korey Campbell was charged with numerous offences including allegedly trafficking in persons, receiving benefit resulting from trafficking in persons, procuring a prostitute, exercising control over a prostitute, deriving benefit from sexual services, assault with a weapon and assault.
Campbell appeared at the Ontario Court of Justice for a bail hearing on June 2.
Investigators from the Vice Unit believe there may be more victims and/or witnesses.
Anyone with relevant information is asked to call (905) 453-2121, ext. 3555 or Peel Crime Stoppers.
- Peel Regional Police investigating suspicious death in Brampton
- Ontario launching automated speed enforcement
- 5 Things You Didn't Know About Woodbine Mohawk Park
- UPDATE: Police believe suspicious death in Brampton the result of a homicide
- Brampton family seeking public's assistance after cherished Christmas ornaments were accidentally donated
- Police Looking For Man Wanted in Connection With Violent Assault and Human Trafficking Offences in GTA
- Police Arrest Human Trafficking Suspects Wanted in Brampton and Mississauga
- Police Issue Arrest Warrant for Man Wanted in Connection with Human Trafficking Offences
- Man Arrested in Connection With Violent Assault and Human Trafficking Offences
- Brampton Man Arrested In Connection To Human Trafficking Investigation In London