Peel Police Charge Man in Relation to Brampton Murder Case
Peel Police have charged a man with second-degree murder in Brampton.
On Friday, July 5th at approximately 12:43 pm, police responded to a call to check on the well-being of a man believed to be residing in the area of Advance Boulevard and Dixie Road in Brampton.
When they arrived, officers located a single victim inside the premise with apparent signs of trauma.
The victim was identified as Ajay Chibber, a 54-year-old man from Brampton and was pronounced dead at the scene. Police believe this was an isolated incident.
On Thursday (August 22), Churaman Ramgadoo, a 48-year-old man from Brampton was arrested and charged with second-degree murder.
Churaman Ramgadoo is in police custody pending a bail hearing.
The Homicide and Missing Persons Bureau are continuing to investigate the circumstances of this case and ask that anyone with information relating to this investigation, to call investigators at the Homicide and Missing Persons Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 3205.
Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477)
- Large fire at Brampton Canadian Tire
- Police called after racism discussions become heated at Peel District School Board meeting
- Person transported to hospital after collision in Brampton
- Police not facing charges after man falls onto highway 407 in Brampton
- Police looking for 14 year old girl last seen in Brampton