Peel Police Cruiser Involved in Multi-Vehicle Brampton Crash
One person is in hospital with minor injuries following a Brampton crash involving four vehicles and a Peel police cruiser.
“The Special Investigations Unit has not invoked its mandate” as of Sunday morning, said Const. Mark Fischer.
The incident was reported at Main St. and Steeles Ave. (where Hurontario turns into Main) at 10:10 p.m. on Saturday.
An initial crash was between the cruiser and a SUV.
The collision forced the SUV “to have secondary impact with a pickup truck,” said Fischer, which pushed the truck into a minivan, which then struck a car.
One person from the SUV was taken to local hospital with minor injuries.
The major collision bureau is investigating.
The intersection, which was closed in all directions, re-opened by Sunday morning.
- Physical distancing fine issued in Brampton after backyard party
- Brampton transit making service changes in response to COVID-19
- Police lay more than 50 charges against eight Brampton residents in connection to series of thefts
- 60-year-old Brampton man succumbs to COVID-19
- Region of Peel ‘accidentally’ mails wrong COVID-19 test results to 16 people