Peel Police Cruiser Involved in Multi-Vehicle Brampton Crash
One person is in hospital with minor injuries following a Brampton crash involving four vehicles and a Peel police cruiser.
“The Special Investigations Unit has not invoked its mandate” as of Sunday morning, said Const. Mark Fischer.
The incident was reported at Main St. and Steeles Ave. (where Hurontario turns into Main) at 10:10 p.m. on Saturday.
An initial crash was between the cruiser and a SUV.
The collision forced the SUV “to have secondary impact with a pickup truck,” said Fischer, which pushed the truck into a minivan, which then struck a car.
One person from the SUV was taken to local hospital with minor injuries.
The major collision bureau is investigating.
The intersection, which was closed in all directions, re-opened by Sunday morning.
- Woman found in Brampton garage in life-threatening condition
- Police responding to female with knife in Brampton
- 16 year old arrested for homicide of Brampton man
- Patrick Brown responds to video alleging his violation against Brampton’s COVID-19 bylaw
- Toronto strip club employee may have exposed up to 550 to COVID-19: officials