Peel Police Launch Buy and Sell Exchange Zones in Brampton
Are you scared to meet up with that seller you’ve been talking to on Kijiji? You’re not alone.
When people set out to meet with a buyer or seller they've only spoken to online, some are nervous—especially in light of some high-profile (but rare) cases where ordinary transactions turned terribly tragic.
To help mitigate fears and offer protection, Peel police have launched a Buy and Sell Exchange Zone. The zone, which will open on Monday, Nov. 7 at the police's 22 Division station on Hurontario in Brampton, is part of the force's Crime Prevention Week.
Residents who are meeting with someone to either buy or a sell a good they've listed or discovered online are welcome to use designated parking spaces to conduct the transaction. The zone will be comprised of two spots that will be monitored by surveillance cameras.
Peel police are the first department in the GTA to introduce such an initiative.
For more information, click here or call Crime Prevention Services at (905) 453-3311 ext. 4021 to speak with an on duty Crime Prevention officer.
- Driver stopped for going more than double the speed limit in Brampton
- Province confirms route for new highway that will run through Brampton
- Houses in Brampton significantly more expensive than they were just one year ago
- Stormwater charges on this month's water bills now in effect for Brampton residents
- Ottawa sets minimum unemployment rate at 13.1 per cent for EI calculation