Peel Police Officer Charged and Arrested Following Assault
Investigators from the Peel Regional Police's Professional Standards Bureau have arrested and charged Constable Dawid (David) Chilicki.
On June 24, Peel Regional Police investigated an allegation of an assault committed by Constable Chilicki while off duty. As a result of the investigation, Constable Chilicki was charged with one count of assault and one count of mischief under five thousand. He appeared at the Ontario Court of Justice in Brampton on June 25.
"We take these allegations very seriously. Once the complaint was received through the Professional Standards Bureau, I ordered an investigation into the conduct of the officer" said Chief Chris McCord.
Constable Chilicki has been a member of the service for nine years.
- Maple Leaf Foods closes Brampton plant as more employees test positive for COVID-19
- Two Maple Leaf Foods workers at two Ontario plants test positive for COVID-19
- Service changes to affect Brampton transit schedules amid COVID-19 outbreak
- More than 500 new COVID-19 cases recorded in Ontario, 270 total cases found in Brampton
- City of Brampton issues eight physical distancing fines