Peel Police Officer Charged in Collision that Killed a Motorcyclist
An officer with Peel Regional Police has been charged after a fatal collision that happened back in June, according to a report from the Special Investigations Unit (SIU).
On June 19, 2016, the SIU began investigating a collision between a PRP cruiser and a motorcycle which took place in the area of Tomken Road and Derry Road in Mississauga.
The driver of the motorcycle, a 41-year-old man, was pronounced dead at the scene.
The officer in question, Constable Brandon Strain, is believed to have committed a criminal offence and is being charged with one count of dangerous driving causing death.
Strain is expected to appear before the Ontario Court of Justice at 7755 Hurontario Street in Brampton on January 9, 2017.
As the case will soon be going to trial, the SIU has stated that it will make no further comments.
(Photos courtesy of Pascal Marchand - The 4K Guy)
- Province confirms route for new highway that will run through Brampton
- City Council approves plan for Brampton’s last undeveloped area
- Brampton man arrested, two suspects sought for carjacking of mother and three year old daughter
- Ontario reports seventh straight day of fewer than 100 new cases of COVID-19
- Study finds red and processed meat not associated with any health risks