Peel Police Officer Charged with Sexual Assault
A Peel Regional Police officer is facing a sexual assault charge stemming from an alleged incident that occurred earlier this year.
Tony Loparco, the director of the Special Investigations Unit (SIU), has determined that a charge be laid against an officer in connection to an incident that reportedly occurred in May of 2017.
The SIU says it was contacted by Peel police on May 27 regarding a complaint of a sexual nature against the 45-year-old Constable Kevin McCulloch.
The SIU says the alleged assault reportedly occurred in the spring against a woman. The SIU invoked its mandate as a result.
As a result of the SIU investigation, McCulloch is facing one count of sexual assault.
He will in court on Dec. 4.
The SIU is an arm's length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault.
- Police Officer Charged with Sexual Assault in Peel Region
- Former Peel Cop Convicted of Massive Fraud Now Charged with Sexual Assault
- Police Officer Charged with Sexual Assault
- Brampton Man Charged in Alleged Sexual Assault of 12-Year-Old Girl
- Police Arrest Man in Connection with Sexual Assault on 12-Year-Old in Brampton