Peel Police Ready For New Year's Drunk Drivers
Peel police are cracking down on drunk and drugged drivers across Mississauga and Brampton heading into New Year's.
There's "zero tolerance" this weekend, said Const. Bally Saini.
Don’t say you weren’t warned.
That means RIDE officers will be out in full force with spot checks across both cities.
The annual campaign involves dedicated officers focused on impaired enforcement, ending Jan. 2.
More than 400 drivers were nabbed in the six-week 2016 campaign.
Keep in mind, RIDE spotchecks run all year — the first major one of 2018 will be for Super Bowl weekend.
Impaired driving remains the leading cause of criminal death in Canada, said Saini.
- Daycare in Lockdown as shooting leaves man dead in Brampton
- Province places new restrictions on bars and restaurants, closes all strip clubs
- Brampton father celebrating big lotto win
- Employee at Brampton FreshCo. tests positive for COVID-19
- Police searching for missing 15-year-old girl from Brampton
- R.I.D.E. Out in Full Force for Super Bowl Weekend in Brampton
- Several Drivers Arrested During First Half of Impaired Driving Blitz
- Here's How Many Impaired Drivers OPP Took Off the Road
- Multiple People Arrested During First Weekend of Impaired Driving Blitz
- Hundreds of Impaired Driving Charges Laid in OPP Festive RIDE