Peel Region Offers Free Confidential Paper Shredding in Brampton
If you have confidential papers you've been meaning to shred after all of your Spring cleaning, you're in luck!
Peel Region is offering four free confidential paper shredding events throughout May and June this year at various Community Recycling Centres (CRCs) across the region.
“As residents are Spring cleaning, this is an excellent chance to dispose of confidential papers safely and securely when they are dropping off other items to their local CRCs,” says Kelly Sousa-Dias, acting manager of the Region's Waste Operations.
Residents can take unbound paper - such as taxes, bills, income statements and personal information - to the confidential paper shredding events on the following dates:
May 6 - Conservation Day, Clarkson GO Station parking lot (Royal Windsor Dr. entrance), 1110 Southdown Rd., Mississauga (8:30 a.m. - 3 p.m.)
June 3 - Bolton CRC, 109 Industrial Road, Caledon (8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.)
June 17 - Heart Lake CRC, 420 Railside Drive, Brampton (8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.)
June 24 - Fewster CRC, 1126 Fewster Drive, Mississauga (8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.)
Regular fees apply to all other items.
A note that there will be no cart exchanges - for garbage, recycling or organics carts - at any of these events.
- Traffic study identifies most dangerous streets in Brampton
- Canadian military preparing to get involved in COVID-19 pandemic
- Brampton man charged for allegedly lying about COVID-19 exposure
- Close to 2,000 COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, with over 70 cases confirmed in Brampton
- Waste service changes coming to Brampton amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Confidential Paper Shredding Available Soon for Brampton Residents
- Peel region issues reminder for safe disposal of mercury-containing items
- Peel is Pleading With Residents to Dispose of Medical Waste Properly in Brampton
- Region of Peel Asking Residents to Avoid Common Recycling Mistake
- Major Garbage and Recycling News for Brampton