Peel Regional Police enforcing Province's mandate that all non-essential businesses close
Recently, the Province announced what is and isn't an essential service, and ordered all other businesses close as of March 24.
In order to enforce the Province's mandate, Peel Regional Police has set up a tip line that residents can call--905-453-3311--if they notice a non-essential business that is not adhering to the Province's instructions.
"As we continue to combat this pandemic we are working with the Public Health office and other partners to reduce the spread of COVID-19. This new normal requires us to be adaptable to find the best outcome, which includes adhering to the advice of health experts", Chief Nishan Duraiappah said in a news release.
- Maple Leaf Foods closes Brampton plant as more employees test positive for COVID-19
- Two Maple Leaf Foods workers at two Ontario plants test positive for COVID-19
- More than 500 new COVID-19 cases recorded in Ontario, 270 total cases found in Brampton
- Service changes to affect Brampton transit schedules amid COVID-19 outbreak
- City of Brampton issues eight physical distancing fines
- Peel Public Health advises all non-essential businesses and event venues to close in Brampton
- Trillium Health Partners rescheduling non-essential surgeries to prevent the spread of COVID-19
- COVID-19: Province launches hotline for businesses with questions about closures
- BREAKING: Doug Ford to order closure of all non-essential businesses in Ontario
- ONE ON ONE: inbrampton.com chats with new Peel Regional Police Chief Nishan Duraiappah