Peel School Board Addresses Rumour that March Break is Cancelled
If you feel like kids have missed quite a bit of school this month due to snow days, bus cancellations, PD days and a statutory holiday, you’re not wrong.
In fact, some people have mused aloud that, given the unusual amount of unexpected time off for students (after factoring in planned and unplanned cancellations, some students have missed close to 10 days of school), school boards should consider cancelling March Break.
The musings actually got so loud that someone started a rumour that the Dufferin-Peel Catholic District School Board (DPCDSB) was planning on cancelling the March 11-15 holiday.
Students can breathe a sigh of relief, however, as rumours of March Break’s demise have been greatly exaggerated.
NOTICE: Please be aware that a HOAX TWEET is being distributed online as a doctored screen capture indicating that DPCDSB has cancelled March Break. PLEASE DISREGARD. Always refer to @DPCDSBSchools for official Board announcements. #DPCDSB— DPCDSB (@DPCDSBSchools) February 28, 2019
On Feb. 28, the school board took to Twitter to make parents and students aware that a hoax tweet is being distributed online. The school board says the fake tweet appears as a doctored screen capture indicating that DPCDSB has cancelled March Break.
The school board has asked worried students and parents to disregard the faux advisory and refer to the board’s official Twitter account for important announcements.
Does the news of March Break’s survival make you happy, or did you think the school board should have taken the unprecedented step of cancelling the holiday to make up for lost class time in February?
- Canadian military preparing to get involved in COVID-19 pandemic
- House of the Week: $4.6 Mil Massive House with Stunning Interior
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: First responders salute hospital workers in Brampton
- Residents shutting their lights off tonight for Earth Hour 2020
- Traffic study identifies most dangerous streets in Brampton
- Facts you never knew about Peel District School Board students in Brampton
- March break is over, but Ontario students are still out of class
- School Board Is Launching This New Program To Help Students Living In Poverty
- Peel District School Board Concerned About New Private School Lobbying Group
- Will the Peel District School Board Cancel Trips to U.S. in Wake of Trump’s Travel Ban?