Peel strike vote to be held by elementary teachers union
Members of the Elementary Teachers' Federation of Ontario (EFTO) from the Peel area, will be holding a meeting as well as a central strike vote on Wednesday, October 23, 2019.
The federation, representing over 83,000 teachers and education professionals who are employed in public elementary schools across Ontario, will discuss various important issues during the meeting.
The discussion will involve bargaining and negotiations with the provincial government as well as issues including additional support for students with special needs, class size and structure, fair hiring practices and protection of full-day kindergarten.
"ETFO's goal is to reach an agreement at the central bargaining table without having to take job action. It is committed to continuing negotiations at the bargaining table until a fair and reasonable collective agreement can be reached for public elementary educators in Ontario," said provincial president, Sam Hammond, in a statement.
The central strike vote will be held at information meetings that will take place in the Federation's 76 locals.
- Elementary teachers vote in favour of strike action in Brampton
- Ontario Secondary School Teachers’ Federation to hold a strike vote
- Ontario's Teachers To Vote on Possible Strike Soon
- High school teachers' union becomes latest to vote in favour of strike action
- Catholic teachers vote in favour of strike action