Peel’s first pop-up COVID-19 testing site to be held in Brampton
The Region of Peel's first pop-up COVID-19 testing site will be held this Wednesday, June 10, at Gore Meadows Community Centre in Brampton.
Testing will take place from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm with no appointment required.
"Targeted testing, through pop-up sites, community sites and mobile teams, will allow us to reach people at highest risk of infection and support existing work at local assessment centres and outbreak management," said Dr. Lawrence Loh, Interim Medical Officer of Health for the Region of Peel.
"Our strategy is a made-in-Peel approach to tackle the unique challenges our community faces right now."
Pop-up testing is the first phase of a strategy to expand community testing for COVID-19 across the Region of Peel.
The strategy is a partnership between Ontario Health, the Region of Peel, Peel Public Health, Peel Paramedics and primary care partners like Trillium Health Partners and William Osler Health System.
Mobile testing teams of health professionals from Ontario Health (Central), Peel Paramedics and Peel Public Health, as well as Ontario Health's testing bus, will provide testing in high-risk locations.
This includes institutional outbreaks, workplaces and priority neighbourhoods identified by data from Public Health.
The testing bus, which was made possible through the support of the Ontario government and Metrolinx/GO Transit, will also be supported by health professionals from local hospitals.
Residents who have any symptoms of COVID-19, have had close contact with someone confirmed or suspected to have the disease or who work outside the home should come in for testing.
Depending on their risk of exposure, residents may need to self-isolate at home for 14 days following their test or until their results come back negative.
Results will be available online for anyone with a green Health Card.
Demand for testing is expected to be high, so residents are asked to be patient should there be a wait.
The pop-up site will process as many tests as possible on Wednesday.
Gore Meadows Community Centre is located at 10150 The Gore Road, just north of Castlemore Dr., in Brampton.
Additional community-based pop-up sites in priority neighbourhoods in Peel will be announced in the future.
For more information, click here.
- Ontario to announce plans for Stage 3 of reopening as COVID-19 spread slows
- Weather warning in effect for funnel clouds expected in Brampton
- House of the Week: $1.6 Mil House with Insta-Worthy Backyard
- Brampton resident celebrating a big lotto win
- Police responding to reports of man sitting in middle of road in Brampton
- Mobile COVID-19 testing centre returns to Brampton with extended hours
- Mobile COVID-19 testing centre returning to Brampton
- Ontario testing lags as one health unit announces random spot test plan
- Ontario to reveal new COVID-19 testing strategy to gauge phased reopening
- New guidelines make Ontario the most accessible province for COVID-19 testing