Permanent Changes Coming to Garbage Collection in Brampton
If you live in the Region of Peel (Brampton, Mississauga or Caledon), you should note that some changes are coming to your garbage collection dates.
The Region of Peel recently announced that the area's garbage exemption periods have changed.
The new dates for 2019 and early 2020 are:
During an exemption period, there is no maximum amount of acceptable garbage residents can put on the curb. Garbage bag tags are not required during exemption periods.
Each excess garbage bag cannot:
Weigh more than 20 kg (44 lbs).
Be larger than 66 cm (26 in) wide and 90 cm (35 in) high.
Be smaller than 30 cm (12 in) wide and 30 cm (12 in) high.
Residents are asked to place their extra garbage out on their garbage collection day, not on their recycling collection day.
Residents should place excess garbage close to but not on top of their garbage bins, leaving at least 1 m (3 ft.) of clear space between the extra garbage item(s) and the bins.
- Brampton father celebrating big lotto win
- Daycare in Lockdown as shooting leaves man dead in Brampton
- Peel District schools in Brampton with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 25
- Brampton remains reasonably-priced for tenants: Report
- Province places new restrictions on bars and restaurants, closes all strip clubs