Person in crisis in custody following early morning incident in Brampton
A person who was in distress is in custody following an early morning incident in Brampton.
Peel police say officers received a call regarding a person in crisis in the Hurontario St. and Collingwood Ave. area around 1:00 am on June 25.
Collingwood Ave was closed to “provide space for all involved” and residents were asked to avoid the area.
Around 2:00 pm, police said that a person is in custody and has been transported to hospital for assessment.
The scene will be clearing shortly, police say.
- Police investigate possible kidnapping of a female in Brampton
- All COVID-19 cases in Brampton schools for the week of September 14 to 19
- UPDATE: Police say Saturday night incident in Brampton wasn't kidnapping; continuing to investigate
- Ontario reports 365 new COVID-19 cases in past 24 hours, one new death
- Planning for this transformative Brampton project now underway