Person in crisis in custody following early morning incident in Brampton
A person who was in distress is in custody following an early morning incident in Brampton.
Peel police say officers received a call regarding a person in crisis in the Hurontario St. and Collingwood Ave. area around 1:00 am on June 25.
Collingwood Ave was closed to “provide space for all involved” and residents were asked to avoid the area.
Around 2:00 pm, police said that a person is in custody and has been transported to hospital for assessment.
The scene will be clearing shortly, police say.
- What you need to know about Brampton's new mandatory mask bylaw
- Brampton's new campaign to provide free face masks to families
- Brampton considered 'risk area' for Lyme disease
- Business owners on their own when it comes to mask bylaw enforcement
- Police searching for missing 13-year-old girl from Brampton