PHOTOS: A New Residential Neighbourhood Is Coming To Brampton
Plans to implement new developments in the city come in small or grand scales and recent documents show that the former may be headed to Brampton.
As part of a recent public development notice, plans indicate that the city has received applications to develop in the Queen Street West and McLaughlin Road South area.
The city has chosen NYX Capital Corp. to start rezoning the property at 12 Henderson Avenue for residential development.
There is some background to this residential project. In the early 21st century, the lot used to be an abandoned factory; however, in 2008, property owner Mr. Jagdeep Sandu demolished all structures on the land without consent from the city. He was eventually fined for this activity. After the incident, the land sat vacant and was put on sale in 2015 as land to build townhomes. On February 15, 2017, NYX Capital Corp. acquired the 7.7 acres of land and held their first public meeting on June 8, 2018. The corporation has revised its development proposal and will hold a new public meeting on September 9 at City Hall.
The new proposal features an 11-storey apartment building with 250 dwelling units, 6 blocks of back-to-back stacked townhouses with a total of 152 dwelling units, a stormwater management pond and 468 parking spaces.
This new community will be located three minutes from Brampton City Hall, four minutes from the GO Station and around 10 minutes away from multiple highways.
To see more on this residential plan, and the details that come with it, click here.
Are you excited about this new residential development?
Photo courtesy of Moving.ca
- 5 Rides That Used to Exist at Canada's Wonderland
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: OPP Pulls Over Brampton Driving Instructor Making Illegal U-Turn On Highway
- Woman Pronounced Dead Following Domestic Violence Case In Brampton
- Police Responding to a Reported Shooting in Brampton
- Peel Police Investigating Assault Near Plaza In Brampton
- Here's A Glimpse Into The Latest Residential Development Coming To Brampton
- City Considering Proposal to Build 20 New Executive Homes in Brampton
- Will This Brampton Neighbourhood See New Residential Developments?
- Here are the Latest Development Applications Coming to Brampton
- Is This The Future Of Land Development In Brampton?