PHOTOS: A Sneak Peek Inside Gore Meadows Community Centre Phase 2
If you’ve been looking forward to the massive Gore Meadows Community Centre expansion, you might be excited to know that Phase 2 is officially complete!
The facility has been underway for some years now, facing some delays and changes in contractors.
As of September 15, 2018, several new features are now finished.
In fact, there was an open house at the new space that day, where several residents were able to take a peek inside of Phase 2.
Completed, the full site will span about 240 acres and include an outdoor ice rink, a spray pad, and a park rivalling the size of Chinguacousy Park.
The Gore Meadows Community Centre and Library project is situated at The Gore Road and Castlemore Road, extending from The Gore Road east to McVean Drive west, and along Castlemore Road as a southern boundary.
Phase 2 is the aquatics and fitness part of a multi-year, phased plan to create a 92-acre city-wide park at the corner of Castlemore Road and The Gore Road. For comparison, Chinguacousy Park boasts 100 acres, so it's evident that this new park will be a massive community space.
Here's what exactly is in store for Phase 2 of the project, which totals approximately 80,000 square feet of space:
- A leisure pool with special features such as a slide and teaching steps
- An eight-lane lap pool
- A fitness centre with an aerobics and dance area
- A 6,000 square foot equipment field house
- A 246-foot track, where 20 laps are equivalent to one mile
- A brand new spray pad
- An almost 9,000 square foot outdoor skating rink
The project will also seek Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification. The entire project is estimated to cost $37 million.
Here’s a sneak peek at the new features. We’ll keep you posted on the official opening date.
All photos are courtesy of the City of Brampton.
- AMBER ALERT CANCELLED: 11 Year Old Girl Abducted by Father Found Dead in Brampton
- Power Out for Thousands of Brampton Residents
- People Complain About Amber Alert Following Death of 11-Year-Old Girl
- Man Wanted for Attempted Murder and Firearms Offences in Brampton
- Vigil To Be Held In Brampton For Slain 11-Year-Old Girl
- Here's What's Happening With the Gore Meadows Community Centre Expansion
- Massive Gore Meadows Community Centre and Library Expansion Delayed
- Brampton's Getting a First of its Kind Outdoor Skating Rink
- Brampton Fires Contractor After Major Community Centre Expansion Delays
- Chinguacousy Park Outdoor Amenities Now Open for the Summer