PHOTOS: Aftermath of Fatal Highway Crash
Police have released photos of the aftermath of a serious crash that happened in Mississauga.
Around 6:00 a.m. on Sunday morning, March 31, paramedics were called to the scene of a collision on westbound Highway 403 between Winston Churchill Boulevard and the 407.
Six ambulances were called to the area.
One person was pronounced deceased on scene, while five other patients were transported to hospital with serious but non-life threatening injuries.
Aanother person involved in the incident refused to be transported to hospital, according to Peel paramedics superintendent Steve Walker.
Highway 403, which was temporarily closed westbound at Winston Churchill due to the crash, has since fully reopened.
“Factors surrounding the collision are still under investigation,” says OPP Sgt. Kerry Schmidt.
Multiple vehicle fatal collision closes a portion of #Hwy403 in #Mississauga this morning. #Hwy403 westbound at Winston Churchill Blvd. Has since fully re-opened. Factors surrounding the collision are still under investigation. #SlowDown#DriveAccordingToRoadAndWeatherConditions pic.twitter.com/VpNXSIQ4b4— Sgt Kerry Schmidt (@OPP_HSD) March 31, 2019
Photos via Sgt Kerry Schmidt @OPP_HSD
- Traffic study identifies most dangerous streets in Brampton
- Peel region’s top doctor says Brampton is not ready to reopen due to spike in COVID-19 cases
- Peel police report four drug-related deaths in 24 hours
- Allegedly impaired driver involved in collision in Brampton
- House of the Week: $1.4 Mil Bungalow With Incredible Bar